Tuesday 22 January 2013

A wish to go down in flames...




I can remember hanging out with my terminally ill cousin
When he was the same age I am now
And I can remember thinking about how fresh and alive he seemed
the energy and excitement that exuded from his every movement in the kitchen as he fried fish and chopped garlic
and the rolling taps of his drumsticks on those tight and snappy metal rims
I can remember how he bit the ass of the day and always teetered
On the edge
Crashing like a flaming 76’ Cadillac Deville
over the side of the empire state building
I remember how alive he was
A pure specimen of the irate, irrational, loving, hating human being

And I wonder now why sometimes I feel so lifeless
Maybe its because of
too many
choices to pick from
opportunities to seize
paths to walk
and so much stimulation
And no foreseeable end
Nothing to kill me off at an early age
no nearing brick wall
nothing too stop me in my tracks

then again
like the Deville
I guess you can only be stopped
once you get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment