Friday 26 July 2013

Lowrider


Lowrider

This old belt of mine
My father gave me
The day before I left
On this journey
That started so long ago

It’s been everywhere
At drunken steps
In subway stops
smelling the stench of
Kimchi garlic
On elbow filled bus rides
And Touched the salt
In
The Sea of Japan

Been rain soaked
Outside in
Balinese Back alleyways
And heard the dogs barking
At 3 in the morning
Wrapped around me
Fallen into the sea
And binded bags
On backwood hitchhikes
Through the Croatian minefields
On low, flat bikerides
In the lush green german
Summer mountains
Crag hoppin’
Above the boots
Stompin
In the swamp of the chilly
English wilderness
And all this time
Could never keep my pants up… (to be continued)
                       
                                    - Low Rider

No comments:

Post a Comment